Need some extra cash this month?
Consider requesting a payment extension (also known as Skip-A-Pay). This allows you to skip a monthly payment and moves out your final payment by one month instead of adding the payment to your final payment. No unpleasant surprises or balloon payments here!
There is a fee for a payment extension; it’s $30 if requested through your eBanking, and $40 if requested over the phone or in a branch.
The following products are eligible for payment extensions:
- Autos, Boats, RVs, Motorcycles, Personal Collateral loans
- Fixed rate Home Equity Loans
- Personal One Time Advances
- Consumer Business Loans of the same types as above
- Share-Secured Loans
- Re-write Loans
Ineligible loan products include:
- Lines of Credit
- Commercial Property Loans
- Loans that have been modified within 12 months
- Loans that have been restructured
- Any Visa product
How to request a Payment Extension in eBanking:
1) Log in to your eBanking
2) Choose Transactions on the left-hand side
3) Select Skip-A-Pay
4) You’ll see which of your loans are eligible for a Payment Extension
5) Select the loan you’d like to skip
6) Choose which account you’d like the fee to come from
7) Once you’ve completed your request, you’ll see your next due date
Payment Extensions requested through eBanking are instantly applied. Extensions requested at a branch or on the phone can take up to 2 business days to be applied to your account.
Note: If you have Auto Pay, request your Payment Extension 7 days in advance to ensure it’s applied before your payment is withdrawn.
Certain restrictions apply. To qualify for a Payment Extension, you must meet the following criteria:
- Must be a member in good standing, all loans and accounts are current and positive
- Loan has to have had a full 12 months’ worth of payments for your first year
- No modifications for a full 12 months
- Must have fee available for withdrawal from NWCU checking or savings account
- Must have insurance, if required of your loan agreement
- No more than 6 extensions during the course of your loan
- No more than one extension per loan per year